Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sold!



It's going to Florida.  I spent two hours packing it tonight.  Ebay is funny.  I was pretty convinced that the machine was going to stay home.  Five minutes to go on the auction and I was trying hard not to be too disappointed.  I mean, it is a Centennial 201 and it is a lovely machine.  Quiet and powerful and it makes a nicer stitch, really, than my own.  But still, I don't need two (or three).

I was working on the Drawstring tutorial for Wednesday night's class.  The email bing sounded and to my surprise eBay informed me that the machine had sold.  Must have been an auction stealer according to the bidding times.

So it is off for the South.  Better it than me. I lived in Florida in 1973.  I was a kid (20) and it was ok but I don't do well with the heat. Still, I had a great little sports car there; a TR-4A.  It never ran when it rained.  How can a British car never run in the rain? 

http://world-viewer.com/photos/triumph-tr4-a/11/

OOOHHH now that I look at it again, I  want one......

No comments:

Post a Comment