Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bye Daddy

Betsy and I decided that we needed a Web Site.  More than just the little one page deal we got along with the Domain that we bought from GoDaddy.  So I signed up for their WebSite Tonight do it yourself Web Site Builder.  It was a disaster.  Apparently the latency in my satellite dish is too long and I was unable to log in successfully 9 times out of 10 and when I was successful I would get booted out for time delay....It was a most frustrating experience.  After three days of trying this and that and that and this (I went next door and used a neighbor's Hughes Net satellite, worked just fine, though slow).  Today I finally went over to Betsy's to try one more time.  It did not work there either (she has the same dish that I have )   According to the ISP tech, GoDaddy is supposed to have some sort of setting that could be adjusted to accept satellite users.  Not so according to the very nice young man who helped me today.  I cancelled the account.  Now to find a Web Site builder that will work.

Bye Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment