Friday, July 27, 2012

Plagerism

My daughter in law wanted a zippered tote for her birthday (now more than a month gone.....)
She showed me one she likes.  The problem is the strap.  It is rope and digs into her shoulder when she carries it.  She had some fabric and we bought some lining while we were out that way a month ago.  I worked on it today.  Finally.

Here is the original.  I copied it without permission.  (plagerism).  I did change the strap.  So it isn't really plagerism.

Here is the one that I have made. I used batting for the strap to pad it.  It is quite comfortable.   I see, though, that the strap is too long.  Darn.  I basted it first, tried it one and found it fit me perfectly.  So I stitched it up with a good stitch. But now, looking at in on the mannequin it clearly is too long.  Anna is not as tall as I am, it will be too long for her.  Shoot.  Good thing I have a seam ripper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment