Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fabric Baskets

Betsy and I are teaching another sewing class at Project Anthologies in Oneonta this fall.  Fabric Basket.  Melany, the store owner, thought this would be a good project.  So we are on for September 22.  It is a fun little project, really.  I found the pattern on line. https://sew4home.com/projects/storage-solutions/you-asked-4-it-structured-fabric-baskets  I made some modifications and eliminated the handles for this basket.
She makes a hem on the top of both the lining and the basket and then stitches it together with the wrong sides together.  I put the lining inside the basket right sides facing, stitched along the top and left a gap and then insided it out.  Its bulky  with the interfacing, but I think it is less work.

This one has handles.  I used sew-in interfacing vs fusible.  I like it better.  It is also heavier and gives the basket more heft.  BUT it is not so forgiving with the inside out method. I think that I will try the hem method next.  I will also make straps that are not so thick.  Still, I think it is adorable and a fun little quick project.


3 comments:

  1. Me Too. You could probably buy this fabric from Project Anthologies. Her website is opening soon. http://www.projectanthologies.com/password

    ReplyDelete