Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sewing on Sundays

Betsy and I have decided that the best way for us to get going with our dream is to just start.  We have vowed to sew every Sunday from 2 - 5 PM.  We have classes all planned out but if no one signs up we still sew.  No one signed up for today.  Betsy came to my house (classes are at her house) and she helped me organize and clean the loft.  She is the best at organizing and is a bit of a Drill Sergeant. I needed the help.  We re-arranged some machines and I moved the ironing board and some how that created a whole lot more room.  The sloped walls further limit the amount of useable space.  Just imagine if those walls actually rose from the floor at a 90 degree angle all the way.  I could have SHELVES.
Boy, looking at the photo, it looks messy.  You should have seen it before. It was chaos.

We worked on a self binding receiving blanket.  There is a You tube video of this project
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwdNqMZ8Ro

It took us a bit longer than she claimed it would.  Mitering the corners is easy but you have to be precise  and follow her directions carefully.  It was a fun little project.  I would do it again. 

I used my Singer 201-2 for this project.  I had tension problems.  Finally I loosened the bobbin tension and changed to good thread.  That helped.  I wonder if the check spring needs adjustment.  Something isn't quite right.  Well, good thing I have a Repair Shop right next door.


1 comment:

  1. It looks great, Elizabeth. What a gift you have of a friend to sew with every week. Sure would give me something to look forward to! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete