Thursday, September 20, 2012

RE-PURPOSING

Somewhere in my internet ramblings I saw a post about how to make a purse from kids jeans.  I decided that I wanted to try that.

I found a darling little jeans skirt at the thrift store locally for a buck.  Turns out, it was a skort.  Inside were some cotton shorts.  I thought some of tearing them out, but didn't.  Instead I cut out the crotch and steam a seamed that fabric to the denim.  I lined the bag with some scrap fabric and used a belt for the strap.

I don't know what it is about me and men's undergarments..  The fabric I used for the lining is adorable as a fabric basket

But looks like boxer shorts on the inside of this bag

The fabric was from a scrap I got from Melany at Project Anthologies http://www.projectanthologies.com/   I was practicing for the fabric basket class.  The little jeans skirt was from our local thrift store as was the belt.  The snaps were from a stash.  The bag cost 2 bucks in materials and a whole lot of fun to make.  I have two other pair of little kids jeans shorts.  I can't wai to see what evolves from them!


1 comment: