Tuesday, August 7, 2012

All bagged out

A gazillion years ago, when I was way into quilting, I made a celtic knot quilt.  It stayed on the bed for many years until it wore out.  I don't know where it is now.  I suppose it is tucked away somewhere, waiting for me to fix it. 

I came across some rejected squares as I was "cleaning" this weekend.  I found the fabric in my stash and made it into a bag.  Betsy and I are teaching our last class on Wednesday.  Guess what we're making?  A tote bag.  I am pretty tired of practicing the class projects.  So I decided to gussie up the demo bag and came up with this idea.  I love it.  I used fusible interfacing so that it has some heft and I turned up the corners on the bottom to give it some shape.  Vera Bradly it aint.  But then it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.  Its original, for sure.  Shoot, maybe I can quit my day job with all the money I save; grooming my own dogs(http://mysewingmachineobsession.blogspot.com/2012/08/do-it-yourself.html and making my own totes.......Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment