Saturday, August 4, 2012

Is it Magic?

I have wanted t find a Davis Sewing Machine for about three months.  There was one at an Estate Sale in Utica earlier this summer.  I just couldn't get there. 

Earlier this week I had a phone call from a friend of a friend.  She had a Davis for sale.  It was only 25 miles away.  Today I went to look at it and well, another machine came home with me.

I have noticed that when I decide that I want a machine, that machine pops up with in weeks usually.  Is it Magic?  The same thing happened with the Singer 31-15.  Last December I decided I wanted a heavier duty machine, preferably a treadle. By January I had the 31-15 at home.

Of course, this phenomenon is not so mysterious with machines that are abundant.  The Singer 66 with the Lotus decal was another "magical appearance."  But, oddly enough, I have not seen many Lotus decals since I found mine.  I wish I could.  I want one that is nicer.   There, now maybe one will pop up.


3 comments:

  1. Does wishing one to appear really work? I'll have to try that!!! I'd like a Lotus too. Sew pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say that the vintage ladies and gents have a way of finding their new steward. Congrats on that pretty Davis! Vertical Feeds are fun machines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like a Lotus too. Hope this works. I only have 4 machines and only two are vintage. Mom has a FW in the closet that I have my eye on. Am I crazy for wanting an old handcrank machine? Wait, don't answer that.

    ReplyDelete