Monday, February 11, 2013

SEWS THROUGH LEATHER LIKE !!!

 Betsy and I notice that machines on eBay that are proclaimed to "SEW THROUGH LEATHER!!"  sell and sell for a higher price than the exact same machine that is not touted as such. 

It isn't fraudulent to claim a machine can sew through leather.  Most machines can.  It is just that likely the machine will wear out quickly if it is put to that task regularly. 

Because the Singer 201-2 is often advertised as such, I decided to try out one of mine. Actually, come to think of it, the machine I tested tonight came with some leather needles.  HMMMMMM.

I have some leather, somewhere.  I also have some leather like, which is a vinyl product and feels like vinyl.  But it was the closest thing I had available tonight.  I got these at a yard sale for a buck.  She was selling them because she never got around to creating anything with them.  I probably won't either but it was fun to test the machine with them

I started with two layers, no problem.  I added another. Likewise, just fine.  I decided that I would not try any more than five layers. The machine did not protest, not one little bit.



We all know I am not a professional film maker.....

Next I will get actual leather.  I have some red leather  that I bought in NC last December.  I want to make a nice little red leather purse.  Now I think that I can.



1 comment:

  1. Very nice! The film definitely tells the story.
    Cheryl Warren

    ReplyDelete