Sunday, February 24, 2013

How many is too many?

If you read my other blog, you know that I have over 100 machines.  Some are parts machines but most of them are just old sewing machines that I have picked up along the way because, well, I can.  I did not come into this madness alone.  My friend Betsy introduced me to this crazy hobby about two and half years ago.  Today I took inventory of my machines with the intent of logging them into a spread sheet.  I know why I have never done this.  It is tedious and boring.  Still it is a very necessary task.  I have so many now,  I must keep track.

My latest project is a Singer 319W that I picked up yesterday.  It is likely going to be a very fine machine but it is staying in the museum.  It isn't up to my standards for selling.  Instead I will sell my other 319W
Since I am going to market this machine, I must sew with it.  That will be fun.  Wonder what I should make?  It seems that everyone loves to advertise their machines as capable of sewing through leather.  I happen to have some nice red leather.  I think I will see how this machine does making a little red leather zipper purse.  Stay tuned.  I have to oil and lube the machine before I can sew with it.  Come to think of it, that would be a terrific blog post.  How to service a Singer 319W.  Coming up to a blog near you !

No comments:

Post a Comment