Thursday, June 21, 2012

Celtic Knot Quilt

I love to make Celtic knot quilts.  This one is a wall hanging and is an unfinished project.  I won't say how long ago I started it. 

you have to make the strips, cut on the bias, and then stitched together and turned inside out (I use Fast Turn tubes) It can be a challenge to get the over and under just right.  Still I really love these quilts.

I made this quilt using my Viking Quilt designer and my Singer 66.  I did the quilting with the Singer 66.  I used the Viking for the strips.  Only because I did not have the 66 when I started the quilt.  The tension never was right on that machine.  Then I replaced the whole tension assembly and it was so much better.  This 66 now lives elsewhere.....I am rather sad..  it was the first sewing machine that I serviced.  Hmmmmmm.  Womder if I can re-possess it?

Next time I make one, and I think it has to be soon, I will use the Feather Weight.....Ohhh it has to be VERY SOON. 

No comments:

Post a Comment