Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Singer Touch and Sew 626

We decided that it was time to sell off some of our machines.  We listed this darling little Touch and Sew on eBay and it sold with its BIN offer within one hour of listing.  We wish we had four more to sell.  We are happy that it is going to its new home tomorrow and for a demo of how to pack a machine in a case for shipping, check in tomorrow.

UPDATE

I got so involved in packing this machine for shipment that I failed to take many photos at all.

Let's just say I spent the morning getting it ready and I am pretty certain that it will arrive safely.  It is a cocoon within a cocoon.  I packed all the protruding parts with styrofoam and then wrapped it with cling wrap o keep the hand wheel from moving.  Then I wrapped it with tons of bubble wrap and filled in the gaps with plastic gorcery bags.  THEN I put the case on it and wrapped that with bubble wrap.  Then I wrapped that with card board and put it in a box and sealed it all up.  And then found the button hole attachment all by itself sitting on the table.  I shipped it separately.


3 comments:

  1. Its PINK! Thats why it sold so fast! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of these were made with metal gears.
    So far, I've only found Singer 626's with busted non-metal gears.

    ReplyDelete