Friday, October 26, 2012

Cute little Burlap Bag

I just had to sew today.  I finished a sewing apron (behind the bag) first.  Then I dove into this project.  It is a free pattern on line.  http://lamaisonreid.blogspot.com/2010/08/burlap-purse-with-shabby-rose.html

Originally I was going to use some green burlap I found at the thrift store.  Then I got a whiff.  I threw it in the wash with my really stinky clothes I wore when I cleaned, oiled and adjusted the Pittsburgh 201-2  http://mysewingmachineobsession.blogspot.com/2012/10/it-stitches.html

I found this stash of burlap.  I think it is more yellow than it appears here.  There are several things that I would do totally differently from the original instructions.  I realize that I covered up the cute pleats on the front.  

But you can see them on the back
I used a magnetic snap.  Gosh they are  easy to use!!!
I used a child's belt from the thrift store for the strap.  Next time I will make straps to match the lining.  I felt lazy today.

I did add a pocket.  Sort of after the fact.  I had made the lining and sewed it together before I realized that I should attach the pocket first.  Next time
Next time I will make two straps and attach one to the front and one to the back for better access to the bag when carrying it.

I am not dis-pleased.  I will give it to someone for a Holiday present this year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment