Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pink Slip

Things have been quiet here at SMM.  We have been busy with other obligations.  I am getting ready for the CNY TOGA http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CNYTOGA/ .  I have been sewing. I have been buying machines. I have been been blogging http://mysewingmachineobsession.blogspot.com/ I have been working on machines.

Betsy, OTOH, has been a slacker.  Now she is not typically a slacker.  In fact, she has good reason (she thinks ) for slacking.  I disagree.  So as CEO of SMM I gave her a pink slip.

 Riley is pretty bummed out too.  If Betsy is no longer employed at SMM, Riley won't get scratches, treats and "What a good dog" from me anymore.

Yes, she took it seriously.  So rather than finalizing the pink slip, she is now on probation.

But she has to wear the pink slip all the time while she works on machines.
Today was Kenmore day.  I worked on a 1320 and an 88 Trispan.  Oh I love that Trispan.  But there is something wacky with the tension assembly.  We switched out one from a 90 and it seems to be working nicely now.  What a lovely machine.
It sort of reminds me of Eddie  from Leave it to Beaver, for some reason.  So well groomed.

The belt was loose on the 1320 which caused the motor to run for about 4 or 5 stitches after releasing the foot controller.  I fixed that, oiled her up and tested all the stitches.  Good to go.  It, too, is a lovely machine

What?  You want to see the machine?  Me too.  I forgot to take a photo of it straight on.  I have this one:
 But it is still better than some photos of machines listed on Craig's List.

I guess I will have to go back to Betsy's to take a straight on shot.  Riley, for one, will be happy to see me.  Betsy might feel a bit awkward, being as I gave her a pink slip.  But it isn't over YET.  Who knows?  She may take over my job one day.  Stranger things have happened.


2 comments:

  1. An example of said craigslist picture...

    fcfqj-3950525749@sale.craigslist.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan I think you included the email address instead of the actual link. That's OK. We know what you mean

      Delete